And then I noticed that firefox didn’t show the photo’s.
Sure, the rest of the text was there, but for some reason the www.funsite.eu wasn’t accepted, but funsite.eu was.
After some research I saw a few option where things could go wrong:
- the “www” which is a cname in my DNS settings.
- the redirection from www.funsite.eu to just funsite.eu
- the DNS lookup as such
and as it turned out, it was the last. The DNS is ok, after all it’s working in every other browser but for some unfathomable reason firefox has the IPv6 disabled for dns.
So if you see my site but not the photo’s and you’re using firefox (tested with the linux version) go through the following steps:
- go to the url about:config
- promish to be good and not to destroy anything
- type dns in the search field at the top of the page
- double click network.dns.disableIPv6 so the value becomes false
- close the tab